The Wellington Phoenix Soccer School is pleased to announce the appointment of Declan Lynch as the football development officer for our Phoenix Soccer Centre after school and holiday programs.
Declan is already very popular and well known to players and families in our Phoenix Soccer Centres having worked as a head coach in this space over the last 10 months.
The charismatic Irishman is full of excitement and ideas and is an expert in the community football space bringing a wealth of knowledge and experience from his home country Ireland and working in soccer schools in the USA.
Declan cant wait to add to the Phoenix Soccer School curriculum add new ideas and educate the WPSS coaches as we look to deliver new and improved programs and offerings in everything that we do in the community space.
The former assistant director of Global Premier Soccers juniors programs, Declan had this to say about his new role with WPSS:
‘I am honoured to take on this role with the Wellington Phoenix Soccer School and cannot wait to get started. I have a lot of new ideas to take this community program to another level which will be put into practice for the first time in the upcoming term 1 school holiday programs and into the term 2 after school programs. I learnt so much working in these environments both at home in Ireland and especially in my time with Global Premier Soccer in the USA and I am sure the young players in New Zealand will love what we put on for them’.
Declan Lynch bio:
- Irish Football Association Teaching Course Level 1 coaching certificate.
- English FA Level 2 coaching certificate.
- American E licence coaching certificate.
- First Aid certificate.
- NZ Football Senior Level 2
- NZ Football Junior Level 3
Global Premier Soccer New York, US 2012 – 2013
Director of Sports Performance
- Anything sports performance and fitness related with the 28 teams, ranging from Juniors U9 – U12 and Premier U13 – U18 Boys and Girls, within the club.
- Planning and preparing fitness tests throughout the season for each team
- Recording and monitoring results to provide coaches with valuable feedback
- Planning, preparing and leading “Fitness Friday” sessions
- 14 week soccer specific fitness program
- 1hr 30minute session every Friday for 60-80 boys U13-U18 and 60-80 girls U13-U18
- Plan and prepare a warm-up and cool-down routine for practise sessions and game day for the whole club
- Monitor injuries within the club and provide support to the players by liaising with a local Physical Therapy Clinic.
- Create a online sports performance blog for the club
- Every Friday I would provide Coaches/Parents/Players with helpful information on such topics like injury prevention/nutrition before and after a game/quotes and tips from past/present professional soccer players and coaches
- Plan and run “one on one” fitness sessions with players who needed extra training
Assistant Director Global Premier Soccer Junior’s Program
- Target recreational programs within the Rochester area were GPS Junior programs could be set up.
- Programs targeted kids aged U3 –U6 &U6 – U8 Boys and Girls.
- Planning and leading the sessions within these programs
- John Moore’s University, Liverpool, ENG. BA (Hons) Sports & Exercise Science (2013)
- North West Institute of Further and Higher Education, Derry, NI. Higher National Diploma (HND) Sports & Leisure Management (2007)
Welcome to the WPSS Team Declan!